3.22.2009

Oh let me tell you about this week...where do I begin... Perhaps I'll first start by thanking all of you who allow me to make them cake. For those wanting a unique cake, a tasty cake, and one that may even steal the show a bit from the birthday person. (This kind of feels like an acceptance speech). That being said, I'd also like to thank the Academy....


But seriously, I do want to send out a big thanks to all of my customers. Without you,I couldn't spend my days tinting fondant and cutting out 400 tiny little circles :) ....Wait, I was being serious. Without you, I'd have to find myself a "real" job, and work for someone else (shudder). I wouldn't be getting away with spending countless hours browsing pattern and print blogs, wedding cakes and fabric stores. I'm living the dream folks, living the dream....


This week went from one cake to six in a matter of hours. 6. No small feat. The above cake may be the favorite of the weekend. Favorite on a couple of levels. As you can tell from the inscription, it's Claire and Angie's 18th. Happy Birthday you two. Thank-you for the energy, love, compassion and creativity you share with my girls. They really look up to you. (And I was watching Claire play with her toys the other day and she named two of them Claire and Angie). Awwwww....Have a great 18th year!


Now onto the cake...we have a two tiered beauty. Marble cake (vanilla & chocolate) with orange butter cream. The flavours together taste like a creamsicle, with a hint of chocolate. Mmmmm. Finished in rolled fondant. Lovingly cut and paste, in true arts and craft form, for the girls who bring glitter to my house.....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks Pam!!!!
For the cake and the wonderful comments. Everyone oohed and aahed about the outside and doubled their reactions when they tasted the inside.
Also they grabbed all the buisness cards Mom laid out.
Thank thank thank you for the awesome cake!
Mom actually cried when she read your blog post :P.

Anonymous said...

Aw!!!!!!
Eeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't tell you how much I loved your cake! Thank you so much for the creativity and hard work that you put into it! It was beautiful. I thought it was quite yummy and I am still enjoying it.

Everyone of my friends loved it! They snapped up those business cards so fast, haha!

I really appreciate your sentiment.
Thank you so much for the lovely card! =D And for the masterpeice that Claire drew us. ;)


THANK YOU!!!!!!!!THANK YOU!!!!!!!!THANK YOU!!!!!!!!THANK YOU!!!!!!!!THANK YOU!!!!!!!!THANK YOU!!!!!!!!THANK YOU!!!!!!!!THANK YOU!!!!!!!!THANK YOU!!!!!!!!THANK YOU!!!!!!!!THANK YOU!!!!!!!!THANK YOU!!!!!!!!