5.20.2009

your dad does not want blue butter cream roses...

In honour of my dear daddy's birthday tomorrow (Happy Birthday Dad!), I thought I would help all the dads in the world by offering up a better manly cake. I have nothing against blue butter cream roses, but seriously, what is it going to take to get some better designs out there for men? I suppose I shall take it upon myself to carry out this quest.


Let's start with argyle. Argyle isn't just for the Scots out there; oh no no, it's a great balance of math and design, carefully measured out and detailed. Not as easy as it looks, especially when done by knitting. Trust me on this one...no one is getting handmade kilt hose from me anytime soon....


Regardless, the argyle pattern is manly, bold, fun and judging from this picture; very tasty. Stylish and delicious; perfect on cake. This last gem of a photo is care of a lovely photographer by the name of Lana, of Artsy Fartsy Photography. To see more of her lovely work, you can click here.
(I provided the cake, but not the babe)

1 comment: