10.30.2008

So very, very pretty


Well this weekend posed a new experience. Bake and decorate a wedding cake away from the usual bakery. So out to Camp Wasaga we went with my boxes of supplies in tow. I really need to get some custom made tackle boxes or something to store all these goodies I've been collecting. Pieces of ribbon, trim, a couple hundred decorating tips, old practice flowers, flower wire, and an obscene number of hard balls of colored fondant that I thought were worth saving. (They're not, by the way) (unless you want some pretty colored rocks). But isn't it always the case that as soon as you dispose of these types of items, you have a wonderfully brilliant idea of what you could have used them for? I find it's the same case with sewing. Where is the line of what is worth holding on to vs. what is just a scrap. Over the winter I took a quilting class, and now I see I can make whole beautiful quilts with just the scraps. So much for minimizing that clutter. Jeff simply shakes his head. "But these scraps save me money and I can make things from them!" I don't think he believes me anymore. I can't blame him.


Anyway, back to the wonderful wedding of Korey and Ray that I was lucky enough to be a part of. Those of you who know me know I cook throughout the summer up at camp and this past weekend, we hosted a wedding. It was fantastic. The happy couple was married in our woodland outdoor chapel, beneath the shining sun, which made an appearance just for them that afternoon. They dined outdoors under a beautiful tent and kareoked until the thunderstorm drove us all inside. Such a beautiful wedding. Congratulations Korey and Ray!

No comments: