11.15.2009

As the official, fancy, ever-so-formal website is under construction and being made it's brought me to thinking about what to keep posting. My little blog should go from showing off my latest cakes, to more of what a blog should be.

What does that mean?

Well, in a nutshell, it means more ramblings from me. Sure, I'll tell you all the details about the cakes, but I've been missing the writing. The ongoings' of starting up a business...
my lovely children...
(and their attempts at making me certifiably insane...)
my trials and tribulations of making cakes...
and chocolates...
and robots...
and chocolate robot cakes...

you get the idea.

Those of you looking just for some pics, you're excused. Please scroll thru....



This lovely cake was a take on one I had done previous (adam, the groom, referred to it as "kinda like a parkade" then made arm motions back and forth) (sorry adam). I suppose it's not really the image one wants to associate with their cake. Wedding or not.

Let's get back to the cake. This was a cake for an engagement party, a charming soiree at Terrace 55. Three tiers, all chocolate with various butter creams. Mixed it up a little. Ivory and burgundy fondant finishes it off; scrolls and initials also in fondant.




There's something about this picture that reminds me of the pictures from Sear's or Eaton's photo studios in the '80s. The S&B are looking up to the left in a little haze.
Misty really.
Should be on a black velvet backdrop...
sorry...
rambling too far...

Posted by Picasa

No comments: