8.24.2009

This cake showed me the importance of "try, try again"..... My bride (and groom) did not want fondant, as is a common request. So I made up samples with butter cream. Finding the butter cream too sweet, it was back to the drawing board for me. I broke out my bible of cake decorating, (Martha Stewart's wedding cakes) and went through some of her stuff. Tried the Swiss meringue butter cream and was hooked. Real butter, meringue....what more could you want. The texture is light, sweet and smooth. One of the strongest characteristics is how it's not sugary. Sweet, but not grainy-make-your-teeth-ache sweet. So thanks to this bride and groom, I am able to offer up another fantastic cake finish, my Swiss meringue. It goes exceptionally well with crystal bears :)

Posted by Picasa

No comments: