12.02.2008

da dumm....da dumm....



Hey! Whew. This has been a hectic week. Christmas quickly approaching, baking, business seminars, baking, baking, play group, baking....I get excited for the holidays, but one thing that bugs me, and that I have to try to look at differently is the countdown. As soon as I start my advent calendar, the pressure starts building. Time is more and more scarce as the days go by. And these scarce days quickly fill with events; Santa's to visit, trees to decorate, routines are lost, babies are cranky....Suddenly there's two days left and I have to sew two presents and knit one, wrap everything, get those cookies baked, and find some time to sleep. So perhaps I won't wait for New Years to make my resolutions. Maybe I'll do it right now. Right here. I resolve to be more organized, and to take steps to make my life more organized. There. Now it's out there. Now onto the doing part. (And when I'm sewing at 11pm Christmas Eve, I'll be thinking of this post, cursing it under my breath.) Ah, what little faith I have. I'll keep you posted...



Now on to the cake I've dubbed "sharky". Which has nothing to do with Christmas. Or planning. Unless, of course, you had planned better, and packed that map; and avoided landing yourself in shark infested waters. Done in my personal favorite cake; spice cake (reminds me of fall). With a very popular fill, the "butter tart". It's covered in vanilla butter cream, then covered in a thin layer of rolled fondant.

No comments: