11.05.2008


Well it seems I'm a bit of an all or nothing person. Perhaps I thrive under pressure. I find the more I take on, the more excited about them I get. They each get lists, charts, shopping lists, directions, drop offs and drawings. I've worked on an excel sheet even, just to get the details looking formal. That's me; fancy pants. Next I'm working on stationary, you know, in all my spare time. The husband and I had a fantastic weekend, catching up with old friends and I found as I chatted about work and cakes, my adrenaline started flowing. Passion perhaps?.....

The lovely little cake we have above is a rehearsal dinner cake. My new category for cakes. Instead of lumping them into "special occasion" they deserved their own title. It's a dense vanilla cake, layered with raspberry preserves and Callebaut white chocolate mousse. Then it's covered with homemade rolled fondant. My third time using my very own recipe. I would thoroughly recommend doing it by hand than purchasing it. Hand made it's soft and sweet. I find the premade to be pretty tough and has a harsh sugar taste to it. It also dries really quickly where the homemade is easier to work with. The outside is wrapped in two layers of grosgrain ribbon and covered in little Swiss dots of butter cream. The letters are in fondant, by hubby dearest, as I made the flowers from fondant as well.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for our rehearsal diner cake. It was a hit! Everyone said it ws beautiful and tasty delicious!

Myriam & Gary Clyde